Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Hipbone studio 10/21/09



I started out this evening so tense. I started by trying out something a fellow student had suggested and I got a little result. I quickly became bored and very frustrated, I flipped through page after page on the same pose, sketch after sketch. Finally I switched over to my china marker because I remembered that it helps me loosen up. So i loosen up and slowly put away my frustration and out of nowhere I am reminded of my doodling in history class, it was fun, I was making things up as i went, carving things out of big shapes, like sculpting (which i have become pretty interested in lately). So I decide to not pay so much attention to the model. I start making things up in places where i think they might work, but always looking back up whenever i had a question about where something might go. It was a good feeling, remembering that I was not there to make a copy of the model, but to make it more interesting and give it a bit of personality, the model stopped and gave me a compliment and a woman sitting behind me came up to me and said she had been watching me work! Positive feedback is always great to hear. Now that i look back at it, my attention and consciousness must have been completely present because the three hours flew by. Anyway today was an excellent day.

1 comment:

Palmer said...

Nicer warmer closer! The face on the bottom one is looking good. Nice job with the foreshortening on the arm as well. The clam shell is a little to much of a focal point for me but all in all the struggle of Hokusai is with you! Keep up the good work mang!