Monday, December 29, 2008

a quick story i remembered followed by pictures i took in CA

so I just remembered a little story or "Anecdote" from my childhood that goes as follows;

Mom gets me one of those big tin Garbage cans for my room. It had Garfield the cat on it and probably odie. I was most likely too young to realize it but there is a good chance this was the first strange gift my mother ever gave me, of course to be followed years later by the infamous digital mixer for computer DJ's and the spider-man walkie talkies with the crotch speaker. Anyway after having the garbage can for a while an 8 year old Shelley notices it in my room and throws a tremendous fit. I still cannot believe that she got so angry about me being able to throw things away in my very own room. The result of her tantrum was probably a "My little pony" garbage tin and a magic set because she used to want to be a magician.

No comments: